Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Belated report on booksigning

Facebook friends already know that all three of my kids came down with strep at various points this week (and it's only Wednesday!). Everyone has been started on their antibiotics, so hopefully we'll see them all back in school tomorrow. With all the shtuss, I didn't get a chance to tell you about my wonderful booksigning in Swarthmore on Sunday.

Finely a Knitting Party is a lovely shop right



in the business district of downtown Swarthmore. The owner, Cathy, is warm and friendly and definitely has a knack for partyhosting! She decided on a painting theme (get it? handpainted yarns....) and even wore painter's clothes.



She thought of every detail, including wine sold in paint cans from a local winery, yummy cupcakes and cookies (Miss Thang liked the chocolate-chip ones) and door prizes. Even stargazer lilies,



which I have a soft spot for since we had so many of them in our wedding flowers long, long ago. Everyone who purchased a book was entered into a contest to win goodies like wine and a skein of BBF yarn. Here is Miss Thang, who got to roll the dice to help select the winners:


We set a record for most copies of KSWHY sold at a signing (woo-hoo!) and I met some amazing people, some of whom I knew from the 'net (Hi, Amie!) and lots of new friends, too.



I even got to see dear pal Laura (not Knit So Fine Laura, the other Laura), who as a special treat brought along the Well-Read Hostess.


(Here is the Well-Read Hostess on the left saying "Wait, don't take that picture, I am not ready---oh crap.").

If you live in or near Swarthmore, you should check out Cathy's shop. She has great classes (including one for kids that is very fun and very popular), pretty yarns like Lorna's Laces and the new Berroco stuff and other goodies, and you might even run into special pal Jeanne T there (Jeanne T works with my husband, God bless her, and helps keep him in line when I am not around....). A huge thank-you to Cathy and all of her wonderful customers. . . I had a great time and hope you did, too.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wow, that's a super thoughtful LYS owner! (ps. glad the kiddies are recovering. For you to recover, I recommend playing with fabric.)